Check out all the info below. When ready to register, go to the main basketball page (www.PlayLegendsBasketball.com) and click on the big registration button on the right side of the site.
· 3rd grade through 10th grade is will play in Little Legends, and all games and practices will take place from Monday-Friday.
· 11th grade and 12th grade teams will be able to participate in Little Legends if we get enough interest (at least four teams). If you have a team of juniors and seniors, or you are a junior or senior, and you are interested in playing in Little Legends please email Mark Fox at
and let him know. We would like to confirm we have enough interest before doing formal registration for an 11th and 12th grade Little Legends Division.
· 11th grade and 12th grade teams can also participate in the Adult Legends league, either instead of or in addition to any Little Legends league (assuming there is one). Adult Legends games typically occur on Sundays, although weeknight games are possible (a decision on this will be made soon).
· The Little Legends season WILL ADHERE TO ALL GUIDELINES IN OUR BASKETBALL LEAGUE POLICY, which can be found at www.PlayLegendsBasketball.com.
· Our plan is to allow for each team to have one (1) one-hour practice slot per week (coach-selected), in accordance with our Basketball League Policy.
· Our plan is to allow for each team will play one (1) game per week, in accordance with our Basketball League Policy.
· There is no planned league-wide clinic or individual training this season but if there is enough interest we will set it up.
· We are planning on holding an evaluation and draft for all individual registrants as warranted by registration numbers.
· Given the shorter summer season the plan going in is that there will not be playoffs, but rather the top two teams at the end of the season will play to determine division champions. If playoffs end up being feasible, this will be communicated out.
· Divisions will be corrected as necessary, either during the season or the playoffs, to ensure an appropriate level of competitiveness, to the degree possible.
Individual (League-Only) Cost
$115 League Registration
$35 one-time uniform fee (uniforms can be used in subsequent seasons)
$30 Late Fee which will begin on June 3, 2022.
Team (League-Only) Cost
When registering a minimum of 8 players together as a team, there is a 20% discount off the standard individual registration fee. So, for 8 players registering as a team, the discounted registration cost for the Spring 2022 season is $736 instead of the full cost of $920. Each additional player above 8 is charged at 80% of the individual registration fee ($115). For new players to Little Legends, or returning players needing a new uniform, that option will be provided during individual registration at $23 for a jersey, and $12 for shorts (for a total uniform cost of $35). $100 Late Fee for Team Registration will begin on June 3, 2022.
Other Related Costs/Savings:
There is a non-volunteer fee of $25 if a parent is not willing to assist in one of the following areas (Team Coach, Team Assistant Coach, Referee, Clock/Bookkeeper, Clinic Coach, Building Director, Team Mom).
A $20 out-of-county fee will also be charged for non-Fairfax County residents.
A second sibling in the program receives $20 off, a third receives $30 off, and a fourth receives $40 off.
All cost calculations, above, will automatically be done during the online registration process.
The season schedule (subject to change) is below, by week (please note we could start earlier/later and finish earlier/late based on when we get FCPS facilities):
Sunday, June 12, 2022
Sunday, June 19, 2022
Sunday, June 26, 2022
Sunday, July 3, 2022
Sunday, July 10, 2022
Sunday, July 17, 2022
Sunday, July 24, 2022
Sunday, July 31, 2022
Latest Sample Weekly Schedule
We anticipate all Legends sessions (practices and games) to be on weekday nights from 5-9 pm.* Below is a sample weekly schedule (subject to change):
Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays
Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays
* Please note it is possible we will have games on Sunday afternoons/evenings, depending on what facilities we ultimately get from FCPS.
Latest Anticipated Divisions
This will depend on the youth registration. We hope to have the following divisions but may need to realign divisions based on registrations. Depending on how many teams there are, grades/divisions may be split into an A and a B league, either during the regular season or during the playoffs.
· Grade 3/4 Division
· Grade 5/6 Division
· Grade 7/8 Division
· Grades 9/10 Division
· Grades 11-12 (If there is enough interest we will have a dedicated 11/12 Grade Division in Little Legends. Otherwise, 11/12 Grade players/teams must play in the Sunday Adult League if there is one)
These divisions may be added to, or subtracted from, depending on how many players register for each division.
All selected gyms will be in the central Fairfax area. As a guide, past gyms we have been assigned are:
1. Vienna ES
2. Freedom Hill ES
3. Pine Springs ES
4. Mosby Woods ES
5. Westbriar ES
6. Rocky Run MS
7. Oakton ES
8. Cooper MS
9. Greenbriar E and W ES
10. Mosaic ES
11. Silverbrook ES
12. Haycock ES
13. Longfellow MS
14. Thoreau MS
15. James Madison HS